The Director of Care is accountable for the overall management of the nursing department, resident care services and nursing staff based on quality management, legislative requirements and the organization standards.
As a valued member of the team, the Director of Care demonstrates a commitment to the quality of resident care by providing services in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission and values.
Responsible for the management of the nursing department to provide quality resident care:
5. Conducts unplanned inspections of the nursing areas, documenting any unsafe conditions and ensuring unsafe conditions are corrected.
6. Ensures the safety of residents through the provision of Infection Control and Risk Management programs.
7. Provides a quality management approach to continuously improve nursing and resident care services.
8. Assumes responsibility for the Home’s operations in the absence of the Executive Director.
Ensures and promotes the provision of resident-centered services to meet the needs of residents:
1. Promotes the Residents’ Bill of Rights and the philosophy and practices of resident centeredness and respect in all residents’ encounters and decisions.
Responsible to manage the nursing department’s financial resources
1. Manages nursing budgets to ensuring sufficient resources/equipment are available.
Provides effective human resource staffing and education:
1. Ensures sufficient numbers of trained caregivers to meet the needs of the residents.